Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Say no more?

I read Swann's way 3 years ago in January 2006. I read Within a Budding grove somewhere around October-November 2006. Now its Jan 2009 and after almost a year of having it sit there on my shelf looking at me, I've opened guermantes, and its amazing how every character and all the details of "The Novel" rush back to me and its like they never left. Proust is just so engaging and beautiful that I can't imagine anything I would rather do than read him. Its the first thing I want to do when i wake up and when I sleep I wish I could stay up longer. Etc, etc, I don't want to make a fool of myself by trying to explain it.

As this blog repeats over and over, I can't explain except if I were to write it all down line by line here.

I just found this somewhat grim death portrait by Man Ray (it is a bit morbid).

No comments: