Sunday, November 23, 2008

Ayn Rand? more like rain hand

There's a hilarious thing on mcsweeney's parodying atlas shrugged for the modern era.

http://www.mcsweeneys.net/2008/11/20tucker.html

I really just love stuff that mocks atlas shrugged, which is incredibly easy. I can't help but recall pretentious blowhards telling me in high school in a "gasping" tone of voice that it was their favorite book and it was the best book ever written and then summarizing it rather quickly. I think it was a few years ago that I finally picked it up and maybe read 250 pages rather quickly before dropping it, never to ever pick it up again, perhaps because around then I read a review that summarized all my misgivings and feelings of disgusts. After all, I knew what happened at the end, and it didn't look like getting there would grant any additional pleasure. Never made it to the fountainhead. So yea, atlas shrugged fucking sucks.

No comments: